Thursday, August 21, 2014

Absolutely Normal Chaos

Who's idea was it to take 19 hours? Oh yeah, this chicks! Haha! Seriously, between class, homework, and workouts, I've been running around like a crazy person! Hoping to calm it down after a week though and maybe be able to fit the 16 hour job in. Clinical Phys 2 has been an absolute nightmare. We've gone over 4 chapters (which means 150 pages of reading in that dense textbook!) in just these past couple class periods! I have to believe he's going to slow down after the basic beginning stuff, or we're going to run out of textbook! Week one of school and we'll have covered a fifth of the book! Haha. But seriously though, he can't possibly keep up this pace the whole semester. He's probably just skimming through the beginning review stuff we all already know so we can get to the nitty gritty. And believe me, once we slow down, it will make my homework life A LOT easier! Like, I may be able to actually do stuff with my free time BESIDES read my Clinical Phys 2 textbook and answer chapter questions.

So glad I took 2 years of French in high school! My French teacher is moving very fast as well, but it's all stuff I've learned before (even if I'm having to pull it out of dusty cobwebby filing cabinets in my brain) so I'm keeping up pretty easily.

Today will be the first day of Ultimate Frisbee, and also a day of going to Joplin and seeing Kristy. I'll be glad for the break. Heck, I'm glad for this break just to write a little and give you guys this update.

Eating-wise, not gonna lie, I'm losing weight. Fast. It's not intentional restricting though. Ok, maybe a little of it is, but a lot of it is also busy life. I was doing homework with my roomies in the living room last night instead of doing my normal night-time snack, for example. Or working to fit in homework and workouts. Casey is also working on getting in better shape, so a lot of days I've been doing my workout and then a workout with him.

My coffee has heart shaped ice cubes in it.

Sorry, random note.

Talked with Eddie a little last night. He's moved into his own apartment, so I'm hoping at least Casey can go up and visit sometime. I think that would be really good for him, a chance to see his bros. It may snap him out of the sort of funk he's in. I don't know, or maybe he's not in a funk and it's just me imagining things.

Anyway, I've had fleeting thoughts of dropping down out of 19 hours to 16 or 17, but I think if I want to graduate in 4 years, especially since I took it easy these past 2 semesters, I need to keep up the pace. And I can handle it, I just need to go to class and not slack.

And eat. Ugh. To make my brain work. That's the thing I notice most when I don't eat. My brain gets foggy and I can't think. Dr. Carper was talking yesterday about "Isaac here when he's doing his 400 hurdles and 4 by 4 events. What do you think his glycolysis looks like? How should the coach construct his pre-competition workout?" Then he moved on to looking at me (he knows about the disorder and everything because he's my academic adviser. Great guy don't get me wrong, but sometimes kind of a dick) and saying "Now lets say I'm fucked in the head and I need to run the 400 hurdles, but my metabolic processes have been considerably slowed down by continual starvation? What's going on in my body during my glycolysis? How should coach construct my pre-competition workout to account for my psychological state?"

Really Carper? Fucked in the head? Thanks, thanks a lot.

...I was going to say something and don't remember what it was...

Eh, probably doesn't matter. If it's important it will come to me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment