Friday, September 12, 2014

Cynics and Critics

Had a mixed day yesterday in regards to relationships. Part of it was great hanging with a couple girlfriends at their apartment. Part of it I realized I can't trust everyone or expect support out of everyone who offers. I need to remember that people (including myself) are often fickle and only in it for themselves. (In this case, guys often aren't looking to be your friend. They're just looking for sex.)

As disappointing as that is, I don't know why I'm surprised. I've gotten lucky with Casey and other guy friends like Ryan, Mike, and Dillon. I sometimes let down my guard and let people in I shouldn't.

Not every man on the face of the planet is as noble as he tries to come across.

Sorry for the cynical post today.

Sometimes I think we push our buttons just for fun.
Sometimes I think our kind of crazy has already been done.
We're a copy of a copy of everything we swore we'd not be,
Yeah, the the hurts, but it hasn't stung enough to stop me.

Oh, please, can't you give us something better than this?
We've built up a tolerance to all your veteran tricks.
You're busy smiling on cue when you don't have a clue.
We're a mess and we know it, we want you to know too.
~Icon For Hire

No comments:

Post a Comment