Thursday, July 31, 2014

I'm Only Half Crazy: My Journey to the 13.1

I was very pleased with my run yesterday (8.25 miles in 1 hour and 38 minutes). The time wasn't my best, but that's not the reason I was pleased. I did the whole thing running and never stopped to walk. I had the energy and control to pace myself from the beginning and to enjoy the whole 8+ miles.

For those of you who don't know, I'm training for a half marathon in November. That has been the focus of my workouts instead of losing weight and burning calories. So this is really exciting for me when I reach functional goals that focus on achievement and accomplishment and what my body can do instead of the numbers and the weight.

Next goal is the 10 miler. I've done 10 miles before, but with many walking breaks because it was always me just forcing myself to keep going. That ED voice in my head saying "if you stop right now, you're a worthless failure" and thus somehow finding the energy to keep putting one foot in front of the other.

Yesterday I had some much needed carbs before my run, some music playing, and it was nice and cool outside. The 8+ miles were pleasant and easy, not forced and miserable.

I know it may not seem like much, but I like celebrating the little victories!

No comments:

Post a Comment