Sunday, August 17, 2014

Second Overdose

Ok, so I know it's been A LONG time since I've written, I'm kinda taking a break from blogging, but hoping to get back into it now as this new semester starts.

So basically, I had my second overdose. And basically it was no bueno. Like really no bueno. I honestly don't remember much about the OD itself. They tell me I took over 20 sleeping and anxiety pills and that my mom had a "bad feeling" and found me passed out in the hallway around 11:30 at night.

So they took me to the ER and did that whole thing. Apparently my heart rate and blood pressure dropped so low and they were worried about my throat closing or my heart stopping, so they admitted me to the ICU. The first thing I remember is waking up with horrible stomach cramps (endo-like cramps?). Cramps so bad that I was screaming when the waves came.

I remember them taking an MRI of my stomach and I remember them giving me pain meds to help. I vaguely remember a GI doctor coming in and talking about how the ED had slowed down my digestion so badly and the activated charcoal and pills had likely just upset my stomach.

I woke up for real the next morning and saw my parents and sister were all sitting in this hospital room with me. I asked where I was, and my mom said I'd already asked 3 times and that I was at Olathe Med in the ICU. I had a psych eval and the suggested I go spend a few days at the mental hospital next door (which I politely rejected) and then they spent the day observing me and trying to get me to eat something. I was rather unreceptive because they wouldn't let me get out of bed. At one point the nurse let me take a walk around the floor, but it was hardly considered exercise.

So yeah, they finally released me and I walked away with my closest experience to death to date.

Anyway, so sorry guys, that's why I kinda went awol for a while. Dont worry though, I'm ok and at Pittsburg and looking forward to the upcoming semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment