Tuesday, August 19, 2014

First Day Rundown

Good morning guys. Just to let you know, I probably won't be posting quite as much as I have in the past. Maybe I will, I don't know. I'm just taking 19 hours this semester and in the final stages of getting into a 16 hour job, so I'll be super busy. Super pumped about the job, but still don't know if I'm officially in it yet, so we'll see. I'll let you guys know if I get "the call" and will tell you all about the opportunity.

Well, first day of classes yesterday. From 10-2 I had solid class (French, Physiological Psychology, Physiology of Exercise 2, Power of Music). I'm super pumped for my Power of Music class, which is more like the Psychology of Music. It's taught by my honors director (also the director of the Pitt Wind Ensemble) and by one of the psych professors.

Phys 2 will be a hard one, but it's taught by Dr. Carper, and he knows and likes me, so I think if I stay on top of it I'll be good. Just preparing myself mentally for the 7 hour final. Yes, you read that right! But he's an amazing teacher and I think this will be a great opportunity to learn. I mean, if you think about it, this is really getting into the nitty gritty of metabolism. This is stuff doctors are expected to just know and to be able to apply with ease. It HAS to be a hard class.

Computer Information Systems and French today. And then lots of homework. Most of my homework is reading and questions out of the textbook.

I'll get honors credit for Power of Music and then I'm thinking about applying for a Departmental Academic Honors project in Physio Psych to get a couple more honors hours under my belt. That would be a good one to do a project on anyway considering my major combo.

Aside from school, fought with Casey last night. Well, we don't really have "fights" per-se. We have conflicted discussions. I want this to work out so badly.

Anyway, class now.

No comments:

Post a Comment